Health and safety at the workplace are all about managing hazards and risks smartly, by keeping the employees well-informed about them. It does not just help workers, but also the business. There are a lot of reasons why workplace safety is paramount to companies all over the globe today.
Employee safety at the workplace has a direct influence on a lot of businesses and their KPIs. Safe working conditions lead to the prevention of any kind of, big or small, accidents or mishaps. This in turn leads to less amount of professional health costs, a good reputation in the market and amongst customers, employee retention, worker satisfaction, more productivity and long-term benefits.
Below are the 8 reasons why workplace safety is important and so is keeping the employees safe:
- Ethical Reason: Taking good care of employees is one of the most ethical and morally correct things to do when operating a company. It should be an employer’s chief purpose to make their employees reach their homes safe and sound, after a hard day at work. This makes a business morally inclined and builds a reputation for itself amongst its workers and the industry
- Efficiency in the Workplace: By being concerned more about employees’ health and safety, a business becomes more resourceful and productive as more and more employees reach to work daily. Not just this, safety training makes even the potential employees feel good about joining the company and will be more committed.
- Saving Money: It is a known fact that even a little accident at the workplace may cost the company a huge amount of money with insurance and treatments. Keeping the employees well-informed in terms of safety makes them do fewer or no mistakes and prevents causing less disruption.
- Legal Commitment: Even though safety is given huge importance by companies across the world, it is only a few countries are legally obliged to follow it. Health and safety regulation is a criminal law in some countries and businesses there are lawfully committed to complying with it. In these countries, if a company does not follow these rules, it may have legal actions taken against it, which can result in a trial, fine or also imprisonment in some cases.
- Reputation in the Industry: Employees can make or destroy a company’s reputation in the industry. If a business takes good care of its workers and provides them with proper safety training to prevent any workplace injury, it will build a positive name for itself. This will not only make the business popular but also help in attracting investors and partners. The company can reveal its commitment to safety to these investors and garner more business.
- Name in the Market: Customers these days are very well-versed with the functioning of the companies they want to be associated with. People only want to buy products from a company that has built a positive reputation for itself in the industry. Any kind of mishap in the workplace can cause people to think negatively about the company and decrease sales to a huge extent.
- To attract expert employees: While searching for a company, job seekers look for businesses that give special attention to employee safety and security. Companies that have strict guidelines towards employee health and share great values are the ones that the best employees in the market are searching for.
- Long-Term Benefits: Good care for the health and safety of employees at the workplace helps in safeguarding long-term benefits for the company. It will help the company stay in the market for a long period and generate revenue like never before.
Also Read: Difference between 2D and 3D animation
In order to achieve all of the above and keep employees safe, organizations need to have employee safety training videos or safety induction video to adhere to safety communication. These videos need to be completed with a set of materials that caters to the health and safety at the workplace along with new company updates that the videos can be altered with regularly, information about the equipment and chemicals that can prove dangerous if handled wrongly, internal campaigns that need to be communicated. Not just this, the videos also need to comply with OSHA standards and rules.
For more details visit Studio52.tv