Video stands out because it doesn’t ‘tell’, instead it shows. No wonder social media corporate video is becoming a staple in any brand’s marketing strategy. And there are plenty of platforms where social media videos to capture your potential customers, with YouTube, Instagram reels, TikTok, and Facebook stories being just a few.
The majority of marketers understand the value of video and the ways it can leverage relatively low cost content while upping engagement and conversions.
But despite all these well-documented benefits, video still remains underutilised as a social media marketing tool by many businesses.
If you’re a brand who’s still undecided about whether to join the 93% of social media marketers who claim that social media video is a vital component of their marketing strategy, this blog is for you.
In this blog, we’ll share statistics and tips about social media video to make you more confident about switching to video for your social presence, and help you become more confident about incorporating it into your social media strategy. We’ll also give you easy-to-use tips for understanding why, how, and when to use this format.
Revealing statistics on social media corporate video for marketers
- 93% of brands have acquired new customers via social media corporate videos
- 73% of businesses report getting customers from an Instagram Story
- Video also gets mentioned as the most effective type of social content by 25% of digital marketers
- 79% of marketers are posting videos on Facebook regularly
- Half of social media users say they have purchased a product or service after visiting a brand’s website after watching it featured on Instagram Stories
- Half of social media users also claim they prefer video over other types of social content
- 74% of social media users are active users of YouTube
- 85% of social media users report that they want more videos from brands
Video easily tops the list of the most effective content when it comes to hitting your engagement goals online. If you want to stand out on social media, you have no choice but to make video an important part of your social media marketing strategy.
Tips on aligning your social media marketing strategy with video to drive sales
- Set social media goals for visual content. This is very important, as this one step will drive real business growth. This also allows you to decide what video content to post on social channels and, more importantly, which metrics to track. For example, if you are trying to attract new customers, your social media corporate videos need to create more awareness, and the metrics you need to track are followers and growth.
- Be very clear about your ideal customer. You’ll attract the attention of many different types of people when you’re starting off on social media, but zoom into the types of customers your product or service is built for. Understand their pain points, challenges, and aspirations, and make videos that they will find extremely helpful.
- Share more video content across a number of social media platforms to find your ideal audience. Remember, your target customer can be on any social media platform, and it’s your job to find them.
- Use all the full variety of visual presentation options on social media channels like Instagram stories, Facebook live, reels, posts, etc, instead of pigeonholing your brand into just one option. This doesn’t mean you have to be on all channels simultaneously. Use your channels according to your social media goals.
- Use social media channels strategically. Twitter, for example, is great for making a brand announcement. Instagram is great for showcasing your services and product line. Figure out your social media strategy first, then get onto the next step of conceptualising the visual content.
- Make social media corporate videos that convey the primary message within the first three seconds. These types of videos create a 13% increase in overall metrics.
- Always add captions to videos, as most users prefer watching videos on mute. This is also an intelligent way to create SEO optimization.
- Track the performance of all your social media content, including videos, against your goals. Recalibrate your social media video strategy accordingly. For example, what marketing teams should be focused on is tracking which kind of video content resonates with the target customers, and then fine-tuning marketing strategies according to reliable data.
- Track the engagement of your social media video content, and note the optimal frequency, days and times when your target customers are most active and engaging with your content. Try to post on the same days on a regular basis to drive organic growth. For example, ideally you should post on Facebook about seven times a week. On Twitter, though, you should post no more than three tweets per day.
- You can utilise online tools to easily analyse performance. For example, built-in social media business tools on social media platforms are extremely helpful and can often do much of the work you may pay a third-party app to do.
- Be regular in your posting. Create a video content calendar a month ahead and post on set days.
- Always evaluate your competition. Check out what they’re doing successfully while posting videos on social media, and what platforms they’re using. The best approach is to get inspired by the weaknesses of your top three competitors and use these to inform your own strategy.
- A tip to improve engagement is posting surveys and questions, and asking for feedback. Social listening is absolutely essential for reaching your engagement goals.
Social media is the place where your potential customers are going to learn more about your brand, research, and make a decision to buy a product or service. So make sure your social media strategy includes great video content, whether that’s product-focussed videos, safety videos, problem-solving videos, promo videos, explainer videos, how-to videos, testimonial videos, trending videos, videos showcasing your value propositions, services, advantages etc.
Read more about workplace safety video production here- https://studio52.tv/blog/tips-for-making-effective-workplace-safety-videos/
Studio 52 are pioneers in producing high-performing social media corporate videos that take your brand to new levels of attention and engagement.
Your future customers are clamouring for more video content from your brand and the time to act on plugging this vital gap in your social media marketing strategy is now.
What kind of video performs best on Facebook?
Facebook videos that are square in shape get 35% more views. This kind of video also works much better than landscape videos in garnering likes and engagement.
Is it important to post video on all social media channels to drive business growth?
No, it’s not. What has to be kept in mind is what your goals are, and where your ideal potential customers are hanging out online.