When you call a business, it’s not uncommon to be put on hold for a few minutes. But rather than listen to silence or generic elevator music, many companies choose to use on-hold messages to keep callers engaged and informed. In this blog, we’ll discuss what on-hold messages are, why they’re important, and how to craft the perfect message for your business.
What are on-hold messages and why are they important for businesses?
On-hold messages are pre-recorded messages that play when a customer is put on hold. These messages are an opportunity for businesses to communicate with their customers and provide information about the company, products, or services.
On-hold messages are essential for businesses because they help to reduce caller frustration and boredom while waiting on hold. In addition, on-hold messages can provide valuable information to customers, such as hours of operation, upcoming events, and promotions.
Crafting the Perfect On-Hold Message
When crafting your on-hold message, it’s essential to include relevant and informative content.
Consider including the following:
- Company Information: Use this opportunity to introduce your company and provide a brief overview of your products or services.
- Call-to-Action: Encourage callers to visit your website, social media pages, or subscribe to your newsletter.
- Promotions: Highlight any current promotions or sales your business is offering.
- Upcoming Events: Inform callers about any upcoming events, such as conferences or webinars.
Tone and style of the message
The tone and style of your message should reflect your brand’s personality.
Consider the following when crafting your on-hold message:
- Brand Voice: Make sure your message aligns with your brand’s voice and tone.
- Friendly and Professional: Your message should be both friendly and professional to provide a positive experience for your customers.
- Engaging: Use language that engages your customers and keeps them interested.
Message length and frequency
Your on-hold message should be long enough to provide valuable information but short enough to keep your customers engaged.
Consider the following when determining the length and frequency of your message:
- Message Length: Keep your message under two minutes.
- Message Frequency: Change your message regularly to keep it fresh and informative.
Benefits of Using On-Hold Messages
Here are some of the best benefits of using on-hold messaging.
Improve customer experience
On-hold messages help to improve the customer experience by providing valuable information and reducing caller frustration.
Increase customer loyalty
On-hold messages can also increase customer loyalty by promoting your company’s products and services and encouraging customers to engage with your brand.
Advertise products and services
On-hold messages are an excellent opportunity to promote your company’s products and services. By highlighting your offerings, you can increase sales and generate new business.
Crafting the perfect on-hold message is essential for businesses looking to improve the customer experience, increase customer loyalty, and promote their products and services. By following these tips, you can create an engaging and informative on-hold message that will keep your customers engaged and informed while they wait on hold.
- On-hold messages provide valuable information to customers and reduce caller frustration.
- The tone and style of your message should reflect your brand’s personality.
- Your message should be short, engaging, and changed regularly.
- On-hold messages can improve customer experience, increase customer loyalty, and promote products and services.