When customers call your business, they expect to be answered quickly and efficiently. But what happens when they are put on hold?
You can make the wait time productive by designing on-hold messages that your customers will love.
1. Start with an engaging introduction
When it comes to designing on-hold messages that your callers love, the introduction is the key factor in making it engaging enough to keep your callers engaged and interested.
An effective introduction should accurately reflect the topic of the message and be compelling enough to draw the attention of your callers.
Here are a few ways to create an engaging introduction for your on-hold messages.
- Establish the Tone: The introduction should quickly establish the tone of the message in the shortest amount of time. Your callers should be able to understand the purpose and intent of the message from the very start.
- Capture Attention: It is important that your introduction captures the attention of your callers as quickly as possible. Use creative language and lively dialogue to help engage your callers from the beginning.
- Include Audio Clips: Incorporating audio clips into the introduction of your message can help to draw in your callers and keep them engaged.
- Ask a Question: Asking a question in your introduction can be a great way to get your callers thinking and help them to engage with the content of the message.
- Make It Personal: Make sure to include personal touches in your introduction to make it more appealing to your callers. It can be done by addressing them by name or by incorporating their unique interests.
With a well-crafted introduction, your on-hold messages will be sure to make an impact on your callers.
2. Keep the message concise
Creating an effective on-hold message for your business is essential for ensuring an enjoyable customer experience. A key aspect of making sure your message delivers the desired impact is to keep it concise.
Long messages can lead to a lack of engagement and understanding from your customers, making it important to ensure that you get your point across quickly and efficiently. The best way to ensure your on-hold message is concise is to plan and structure it in advance.
Start by mapping out the main points you want to include in the message and make sure that each point is given its own dedicated space. It will help you to identify any ideas that are superfluous, which can then be removed. It is also important to keep your language clear and direct, avoiding the use of overly complex terms or phrases.
Your message should be easily understandable to your target audience and focus on the key points that you want to communicate. It is also important to ensure that your message can be conveyed comfortably in the time available.
Unless you have an automated system, it is a good idea to time your message and ensure that it can fit comfortably within the expected duration of a customer’s on-hold experience. It will also ensure that the flow of your message is smooth and natural.
By following these simple tips, you can ensure that your on-hold message is concise, informative, and engaging. With careful consideration, you can create a message that effectively communicates your message to your customers and helps to improve their overall experience.
3. Include your brand message
When designing on-hold messages for your callers, it’s important to include your brand message and reinforce your company’s core values. Your messages should be concise, yet comprehensive, conveying why customers should engage with your business.
Think about the core benefits that your business offers to customers and craft messages that will effectively communicate them. Consider the values of your organization and the reasons why customers should choose your business over the competition.
It’s also essential to ensure that your message is easy to understand and won’t overwhelm your callers. The goal should be to create messages that are simple yet powerful, delivering the key message that customers need to hear in a way that they can easily understand.
For example, you might choose to emphasize the quality of service, the convenience of ordering, or the value of products. Your message should be clear and direct, while still engaging and relatable. It’s also important to include a call to action in your messages.
Ask your customers to take an action, such as visiting your website or subscribing to your newsletter. It will help to increase engagement with your brand and generate more leads.
Include your brand message in your on-hold messages to ensure that your callers remember your company and don’t forget to take the desired action. It will help to increase customer satisfaction and build brand loyalty.
4. Incorporate music
Music has the ability to influence people’s emotions and can be a powerful tool in creating a positive and engaging experience for callers on hold.
Incorporating music into on-hold message designs can help create a more soothing atmosphere for the caller, improving customer satisfaction and setting an appropriate tone for customer interactions.
Here are some tips for designing on-hold messages that feature music in an effective way.
- Choose Appropriate Music: The music you choose should be appropriate for the context of the call. Choose music that is pleasing to the majority of customers and avoid anything that may be seen as too aggressive or loud.
- Create a Pleasant Atmosphere: Using a light, the upbeat musical track can make the waiting experience more pleasant for the caller. This can also help reduce customer frustration, which can ultimately lead to better customer satisfaction.
- Keep it Brief: Music should be used sparingly in on-hold messages. Avoid long, drawn-out musical pieces that could become tedious for callers. Instead, aim to keep pieces around 30-60 seconds in length.
Incorporating music into an on-hold message design can help create a positive and engaging experience for callers. By following these tips, you can create an on-hold message that your customers will appreciate and enjoy.
5. Provide helpful information
Provide your callers with helpful information that is relevant to your business and the services you provide. Including interesting facts and/or trivia is another great way to design messages that your callers will love.
Adding a bit of humor or a fun anecdote can also help to keep your callers engaged. Additionally, you can provide helpful tips and links to resources that can be used to assist customers in the future.
Finally, it’s important to keep your messages concise. You’ll want to make sure that you include only the most important information, and that your message isn’t overly long. You’ll want customers to stay on the line long enough to get the information they need, while also ensuring that they don’t become bored or disinterested.
6. Use a professional voiceover
Using a professional voice-over will help you create high-quality recordings that will be engaging and resonate with your audience.
A professional voice-over artist will be able to bring life to your message with the right tone, cadence, and conversational style. They will also be able to help you with the recording process, ensuring a seamless and professional-sounding final result. In addition, a professional voice-over artist will be able to provide you with valuable feedback and guidance.
Overall, using a professional voice-over artist is a great way to ensure your on-hold messages are of the highest quality. With their expertise and experience, they can help you create high-quality recordings that your callers will love!
7. Record an updated message
Modern technology provides businesses with the ability to update their on-hold messages easily and quickly. By recording an updated message, businesses can keep their customers informed and engaged with the latest news, offers, and product updates.
For businesses looking to stay ahead of the competition, recording an updated message can be an effective way to grab their customers’ attention. By changing the message regularly, businesses can keep their message fresh and timely, ensuring their customers stay engaged.
When recording an updated on-hold message, it is important to consider a few tips.
- Keep the message brief and to the point. Customers don’t have time to listen to a lengthy message and may lose interest if the message is too long.
- Ensure the message is clearly audible and free of static or other technical issues. If the message is not audible, customers may miss important details.
- Consider providing a “call to action” within the message. It will help engage customers and encourage them to take advantage of your offers.
- Make sure the message is appropriate and polite. Customers don’t appreciate being spoken to in an abrasive or rude tone. Instead, record a friendly and welcoming message that will make customers feel valued and comfortable.
On-hold messages can be an effective way to make customers feel engaged and informed while they wait for assistance. If you’re looking for assistance in designing your on-hold messages, Studio52 is here to help. Visit our website to learn more about our on-hold messaging services and let us help you create the perfect message that your customers will love.